This is the way the word begins. Not with a bang but a whimper.
September 9th, 2010
So, it’s day one of the blog.
There are ‘right’ ways to manage a professional website and even a proper blog. I’m not doing some things the right way. This is an experiment. Specifically:
- Expect changes, including dead links etc. as I screw around like a moron without a staging server because, for this, I am a moron without a staging server. Don’t be a moron!
- I’m going to be fiddling, a lot, with the settings and accessibility of this blog. There will be glitches and downtime. It’s not how it’s done in a professional context but it’s not a professional project.
- I will not be leaving articles immutable once posted. I will be adding supporting links, fixing typos, spelling errors and tweaking content and tone. I won’t be noting changes. No, this is not good practice for works of quality journalism or documentation. I won’t meaningfully alter the opinions or facts in a post without documenting that I did. I get to decide what’s meaningful. Tough noogies.
- I don’t have an editor. There will be errors.
- You can’t rely on the Publish times as meaningful. I will alter them because most posts are published privately first so I can stew on them. Also bad practice. Also tough noogies.